Here is my stab at a tutorial for any of you interested in trying to make this or something similar. It’s more of a walkthrough of how this one was made, than an actual tutorial, but hopefully it will be a decent guide.
Honestly, it’s not all that complicated, just a time-consuming project. Is this the best way this could have been made?? I’m sure it’s not. It’s just what I did! ?
Please let me know if anything is confusing. A few things I would have done differently and I’ll note them here.
(1) Baseball bat display case (or something similar)
(1) LED Strip Light (waterproof preferred)
Color-changing is cool, but not a requirement if you don’t want it.
The nice thing about these lights is that they allow you to cut them at certain spots, so that you can make them fit your project. I had a decent strip of lighting left over.
- Metallic Black (for the panels and the textured sheikah symbols)
- I used Krylon Brushed Metallic Oil Rubbed Bronze, and then I had a spray paint mishap and had to start over (argh), and then used Rust-Oleum Metallic Black the second time around. They looked almost identical. Really, I think a few different brands would work.
- Matte Black (to outline the panels and the sheikah symbols)
- You can skip this one if you don’t want to add that detail.
- A textured and/or metallic tan color (for the border and border decoration)
- Krylon Hammered Dark Bronze is what I used.There might be an equivalent in other brands, I’m just not aware of them. Anything with a nice texture would work, or at the very least, a good metallic look.
Orange Glow In The Dark Tape
Matte Black Vinyl Sheet
A Cutting Machine (Silhouette or Cricut)
The Sheikah font
I found one at fontstruct.com , but there may be others out there.
Sample design files (optional)
It seems that Silhouette designer won’t let me export the files into any other format. But, here’s some screenshots that you can perhaps import and trace.